We are always on the look out for imaginative, well-written stories for young readers ages three to sixteen years old. If you are interested in writing for Chikiting Books, please review the following guidelines:
The language and tone of your stories will depend on the age levels that you prefer to write for. Listed below are Chikiting Books' age levels:
|Beginner||3 to 5 years old|
|Primary||6 to 8 years old|
|Intermediate||9 to 12 years old|
|Young Adult||13 to 16 years old|
Guidelines for manuscript submissions
1. We accept stories from new and previously published writers.
2. Writers can submit as many stories as they wish per age level.
3. Submitted stories must be original works and must not be previously published.
4. Stories must be written in Filipino and English for storybooks (for beginner and intermediate readers) and in either English or Filipino for young adult readers.
5. The approximate word count is 1,500 words per story for beginner and intermediate readers and up to 5,000 words for stories for young adults.
6. Submitted manuscripts must be formatted in Microsoft Word.
We are looking for stories with a unique style, written with a fresh point of view, to captivate and interest the reader.
Please email all submissions to Abigail Tabuzo at email@example.com and Sally Eugenio at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please expect a reply to your submission within three to five days.